Chemical/Hazardous Material Spill/Release

First contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Second contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391

  1. Report any spillage of hazardous chemicals immediately to Security at the designated emergency response number, 419-448-2211. Security will then notify the Tiffin Fire Department and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment, who will notify members of the Emergency Operations Team.
  2. When reporting, provide the following information:
    • Your name
    • Name of material spilled
    • Estimated amount
    • Exact location of spill
    • Nature of injuries
    • Actions you have taken
  3. Vacate the affected area at once and seal it off to prevent further contamination.
  4. If a building emergency exists, activate the fire alarm. Evacuate the building by the nearest available exit. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from spill site. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
  6. Once outside, move to an area that is at least 100 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
  7. DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the Tiffin Fire Department or campus security.