First contact: Tiffin Fire Department at 911 (9-911 campus phone)
Second contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211 (x2211 campus phone)
- In case of a radiation emergency call the Tiffin Fire Department at 911 (9-911 campus phone). Then contact Security for assistance.
- If a skin wound occurs, thoroughly wash it with running water; allow some bleeding and then bandage using items from the first-aid kit. Once the bleeding has stopped, medical personnel will monitor the wound for radioactive contamination.
- If any clothing items are contaminated with radioactive materials, remove them. These items will be discarded. THEY MUST NOT LEAVE the laboratory until emergency personnel check them.
- Emergency personnel will mark any contaminated surface areas, and clean up the spill.
- Thoroughly wash your hands and other exposed body areas until the radiation monitor indicates the absence of contamination.
- Prevent access into the spill area until authorized by emergency personnel.
- Personnel without radiation badges or other personal radiation dosimeter must not enter the spill area.
- The Associate Vice President of Engineering and Facilities will verify that proper clean-up procedures are followed. Emergency Operations Team members will be notified if deemed appropriate.