First contact: Tiffin Fire Department
Designated Emergency Response Number: 911 (9-911 from campus phone)
Second contact: Campus Security, 419-448-2111
In the event of an explosion on campus, take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects that will give protection against falling glass and debris.
- After the initial effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the Tiffin Fire Department at the designated emergency response number (911) (9-911 from a campus phone). Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency. Notify Security at the designated emergency response number.
- Activate the building fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest available exit. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from damaged area. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 100 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the Tiffin Fire Department or Security.
- The Director of Security will notify the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment and the Associate Vice President of Engineering and Facilities. The Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment will then notify the members of the Emergency Operations Team.