First contact: Campus Security, Security will then call the Tiffin Fire Department and the Tiffin Police Department
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Second contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391
During an earthquake, remain calm and quickly follow the steps outlined below:
- If INDOORS seek refuge in a doorway or under a desk or table. Stay away from glass, windows, shelves and heavy equipment.
- If OUTDOORS, move quickly away from buildings, utility poles and other structures.
- Always avoid power or utility lines as they may be energized.
- After the initial shock, evaluate the situation, and if emergency help is necessary, call Security at the designated emergency response number. Report any injuries.
- Damage to facilities should be reported to the Associate Vice President of Engineering and Facilities
- If there is a strong odor of gas please relay this information to Security and evacuate the building.
- The Associate Vice President of Engineering and Facilities will notify the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment, who will contact the Emergency Operation Team so they can assemble immediately in the Emergency Operations Center.