First contact: Contact Tiffin Police Dept. at 911 then contact Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Third contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391
In the event of a life-threatening emergency or death on campus take the following action:
- Notify the designated emergency response number and campus Security. A security officer will proceed to the scene immediately to meet emergency personnel.
- The scene will be secured by the campus security.
- Emergency care will be provided as needed pending Emergency Medical Service (EMS) arrival. The officer will start with a preliminary investigation, and inform the Director of Security about the status of the situation. The Director of Security will then notify the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Upon arrival of the Tiffin Police Department, the Director of Security will turn the scene over to them and will assist as needed.
- In the event of a death of a student, the Director of Security will contact the Dean of Student Affairs and proceed to the scene.
- In the event of a death of a staff member, the Director of Security will contact the Vice President for Administration and Business Affairs and proceed to the scene.
- The Director of Security will notify the Dean of Student Affairs, who will contact Emergency Operations Team members.