First contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Second contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391
- If you observe a suspicious object on campus DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT! Clear the area and immediately call Security at the designated emergency response number 419-448-2211. They will then contact the Tiffin Police and Fire Departments and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment.
- Any person receiving a threat via the telephone should ask the caller:
- Exact location of device (building, floor, room, etc.).
- Time device is set to explode
- Kind of device, timing device, etc.
- Keep talking to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
- Date and time of call
- Location of alleged device
- Detonation time of alleged device
- Type of device
- Speech pattern, accent, distinguishing characteristics, etc.
- Background noise
- Critical statements made by caller
- Using another telephone, immediately notify security designated emergency response number, 419-448-2211.
- A decision to evacuate the building will be made by local law enforcement personnel.
- If instructed, evacuate the building by the nearest available exit. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from the threat. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by campus security.