The Campus Security and Safety Department is a support service, charged with enforcing Heidelberg University policies and regulations while maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community. The department is staffed with a full-time Director, two full-time Security Officers and part-time Heidelberg University students.
The Campus Security and Safety Department office is located on the bottom floor of the Campus Center (Room 131). Campus Security and Safety Department is staffed 24 hours a day seven days a week all year round. Campus Security and Safety Department has a close working relationship with the Tiffin Police and Fire Departments. If necessary, a Student Affairs staff member is available to handle situations involving students if immediate attention is needed.
Campus Security Officers are not police officers and do not maintain legal authority to arrest individuals. They do maintain the authority to detain any individual(s) if the need arises.
The university encourages anyone who believes a crime or violation of university policy has occured to report it to either the Tiffin Police Department or Campus Security.
The Campus Security and Safety Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Securing campus buildings and facilities
- Responding to any emergency on campus
- Responding to and investigate any campus fire alarm
- Registration of student, faculty and staff member parking permits
- Enforcement of campus parking regulations
- Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
- Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
- Enforcement of Heidelberg University policies and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community
The Safety & Security Department at Heidelberg University provides a safe and secure environment for all members of the Heidelberg University family, including students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. The Office of Safety and Security supports student learning by ensuring a safe and secure environment on campus by enforcing the policies and regulations set by the university.
Contact by phone at 419.448.2211 or 2211 from any campus phone or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tiffin Police Department can be reached at (419) 447-2323 or 9-911 from any university telephone if it is an emergency.