Are you preparing for a full-time job interview? Maybe you would like some practice before interviewing for an internship. The Owen Academic & Career Support Center can help you polish your interviewing skills!
Before you interview, make certain you have done your homework - focus your research on the following areas:
- Know Yourself (Skills, Interests, Goals, Potential Contributions to an Organization)
- Know the Job (Study the Job Description, Research Similar Positions, Gather Average Salary Data)
- Know the Company (Mission, Goals, Locations, Future Directions)
- Know the Industry (Trends, Technology, Current Issues)
Complete your Online Mock Interview at Perfect Interview:
Interactive Interview Website:
Test your interviewing skills with Nail The Interview!
Interview Handouts / Links:
- Practice Interview Questions
- How to Answer the Top 10 Interview Questions
- Great Answers to Tough Interview Questions
- Teacher Candidate Interview Questions
- Questions You Can Ask in an Interview
- Dress for Success
- Post-Interview Thank You Letter Worksheet
- Industry Specific Practice Interview Questions
Informational Interviewing is a helpful way to explore different career options. Informational Interviewing involves speaking to a professional in a career field that interests you, and asking frank questions to help you make an informed decision about whether or not to pursue that career.
- Exploring Careers Through Informational Interviewing
- Informational Interviewing Questions
- Informational Interviewing Article from Occupational Outlook Quarterly
Would you like to test the waters with a Mock Interview before you jump into the real thing? The Owen Academic & Career Support Center provides Mock Interviews. Call 419.448.2301 for details. You can always complete an online mock interview with Perfect Interview, anywhere you have Internet access!