Arriving to Campus - Spring Semester
New and transfer students, for spring terms, will be communicated to individually by an admissions representative for arrival dates/times. Students are permitted to attend orientation, and ultimately begin classes, when the following criteria are met:
- Fully Accepted
- Enrollment deposit
- Registered for orientation
- Registered for classes
- Housing application, if applicable
- Medical forms
- Financial aid package accepted, if available (alternative, FAFSA must be available to package)
- Signed tuition payment plan, if available
Athletes approved to arrive early must also have:
- All final transcripts for both high school and college(s)
- Physical (details available with coaching staff, or the athletic director)
- Cleared to participate per OAC guidelines
Paperwork, Forms, Etc.
All students must ensure they have the necessary paperwork, forms, etc. to begin classes. If you are contacted by one of the offices listed below then please complete the requested paperwork prior to arriving on campus. Please remember we will not allow you to move in, access a meal plan, or attend classes until you have been verified.
Contact information for important offices:
- Financial Aid Office at 419-448-2293
- Business Office at 419-448-2000
- Stoner Health Center at 419-448-2041
- Registrar’s Office at 419-448-2090
- Admissions’ Office at 419-448-2330
- Residence Life Office at 419-448-2058
All new students must verify their identity during verification. Students must present two (2) forms of identification. Acceptable forms of identification can be found here.
Returning students must have their Heidelberg University student ID. If you have lost it or do not have it at verification, you will need to purchase a new card at verification at a cost of $25.00.
Any outstanding documents, forms, or paperwork communicate to you through one of the above offices. New students should refer to the new student checklist for a complete listing of required items.
Parking Information for Residential Students
On your move-in day, you should park in your building's parking lot, or the closest lot that has spaces available. Then, walk over to Campus Center to recieve your room key.
Simple steps to moving in:
- Park your vehicle in your building's lot
- Walk over to Campus Center
- Receive room key
- Return to vehicle and unload
- Report back to Campus Center by 12:30 for Orientation Check-in.
For more information on parking, click here. Please note that it is inappropriate to park across a private residents driveway, to park longer than 48 hours on public streets, or in the National Machinery parking lots (which are east of France Hall and Willard Hall). Parking in unauthorized locations may result in a traffic citation.
Tips for Move In Day
- Check the ODOT construction page to avoid delays.
- Eat breakfast.
- Stay hydrated.
- Bring a dolly or hand truck.
- If you pack in crates, boxes, trunks, suitcases, etc., make plans for them to be taken home at the end of the day. We do not provide storage space in the building for those items.
- Things to leave at home: Appliances w/open heat elements, Halogen bulbs and/or lamps, Pets (other than fish), Candles and incense, Waterbeds, Extension Cords (see list).
Prior to Move In Date
If you have questions about arriving on campus prior to your move in date, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 419.448.2062.
On Your Move In Date
Between 8:00am - 5:00 (business hours)
To communicate urgent information (i.e., delayed arrivals, issues with vehicle, lost, etc.), please call 419.455.2207.
Between 5:00pm and 8:00am (after business hours)
To communicate urgent information (i.e., delayed arrivals, issues with vehicle, lost, etc.), please call Campus Security at 419.448.2211.
After your Move In Date
If you have questions after your move in date, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 419.448.2062.