All students must go through verification to ensure they have the necessary paperwork, forms, etc. to begin classes. If you are contacted by one of the offices listed below then please complete the requested paperwork prior to arriving on campus. Please remember we will not allow you to move in, access a meal plan, or attend classes until you have been verified.
The following offices will be present at verification:
- Financial Aid Office at 419-448-2293
- Business Office at 419-448-2000
- Stoner Health Center at 419-448-2041
- Registrar’s Office at 419-448-2090
- Admissions’ Office at 419-448-2330
- Residence Life Office at 419-448-2058
New & Transfer Students (Residential and Commuter)
Unless you are approved to arrive early with a campus group/team, then first year residential students will move in Friday, August 23th from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Residential students must attend verification on the Campus Center, main floor prior to receiving a key. Commuter students must complete verification on campus by 2:00pm when Welcome Week activities start. Please remember if you have not chosen your meal plan you should do so at Campus Dish.
Important Note: Welcome Week activities begin Friday, August 23, 2013 at 2:00pm. At this time, all new students (residential, commuter, and transfer students assigned to an AIM Hei group) will need to report to Campus Center Front Lawn, regardless of your arrival date on campus. Click here for the complete Welcome Week schedule of activities and events.
Unless you are approved to arrive early with a campus group/team, then residential students should plan to move in Sunday, August 25th from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Residential students must attend verification on the Campus Center, main floor prior to receiving a room key. Please remember if you have not chosen your meal plan you should do so at Campus Dish.
Returning Commuter Students
Commuting students must check-in at the University Hall when they arrive for their first class on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Commuting students that are on campus early for a campus group/team must check-in during the designated hours communicated by the advisor/coach. If you want to purchase a meal plan or berg bucks you may want to ahead of time at Campus Dish.
Arrival Dates, Times, Pre-approved Groups, and Locations
- Monday, August 5; 8am-9am: Head RA’s, RAs - Campus Center
- Monday, August 12; 9:30am-11am: Athletic Trainers (upper classmen only) - Campus Center
- Wednesday, August 14; 9am-1pm: All Football - Seiberling
- Friday, August 16; 10am-2pm: Cross Country, Volleyball, Soccer, Cheerleaders, upper classmen Band - Seiberling
- Monday, August 19; 1pm-3pm: Freshmen/Transfer Band, Choir - Campus Center
- Thursday, August 22; 2pm-4pm: Freshmen/Transfer Out-of-State, Religious Life, SOLiD, OLs - Campus Center
- Friday, August 23; 10am-2pm: New Students - Campus Center
- Sunday, August 25; 10am-4pm: Returning Students - Campus Center
- Monday-Wednesday, August 26-28; 8am-4pm: Commuting Students - University Hall
All new students must verify their identity during verification. Students must present two (2) forms of identification. Acceptable forms of identification can be found here.
Returning students must have their Heidelberg University student ID. If you have lost it or do not have it at verification, you will need to purchase a new card at verification at a cost of $25.00.
Any outstanding documents, forms, or paperwork communicate to you through one of the above offices. New students should refer to the new student checklist for a complete listing of required items.
Parking Information for Residential Students
On your move-in day, you should park in your building's parking lot, or the closest lot that has spaces available. Then, walk over to the verification location (listed above) to complete all steps in the verification process, which includes receiving your room key. Once the verification process is complete, you will then be able to move in to your residence hall.
Simple steps to moving in:
- Park your vehicle in your building's lot (or closest available)
- Walk over to verification (location listed above)
- Complete verification process and receive room key
- Return to vehicle and unload
On August 23, 2013, there will other members of the 'Berg family on hand to help with parking, unloading of vehicles, and general assistance. Current students, faculty and staff that are helping new students move in will all be wearing matching shirts.
For more information on parking, click here. Please note that it is inappropriate to park across a private residents driveway, to park longer than 48 hours on public streets, or in the National Machinery parking lots (which are east of France Hall and Willard Hall). Parking in unauthorized locations may result in a traffic citation.
Tips for Move In Day
- Check the ODOT construction page to avoid delays.
- Eat breakfast.
- Take the stairs. (Some buildings have elevators, but the stairs are your fastest way to get through a building.)
- Stay hydrated. (Water will be provided in the lobbies of each building.)
- Bring a dolly or hand truck.
- Utilize the help.
- If you pack in crates, boxes, trunks, suitcases, etc., make plans for them to be taken home at the end of the day. We do not provide storage space in the building for those items.
- Things to leave at home: Appliances w/open heat elements, Halogen bulbs and/or lamps, Pets (other than fish), Candles and incense, Waterbeds, Extension Cords (see list).
Prior to Move In Date
If you have questions about arriving on campus prior to your move in date, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 419.448.2062.
On Your Move In Date
Between 8:00am - 5:00 (business hours)
To communicate urgent information (i.e., delayed arrivals, issues with vehicle, lost, etc.), please call 419.455.6316.
Between 5:00pm and 8:00am (after business hours)
To communicate urgent information (i.e., delayed arrivals, issues with vehicle, lost, etc.), please call Campus Security at 419.448.2211.
After your Move In Date
If you have questions after your move in date, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 419.448.2062.