- It is the responsibility of each student to clean and maintain his/her room, apartment, and/or house. Keeping the common spaces clean within one’s building is also part of the living experience at Heidelberg.
- Vacuum cleaners and brooms are provided in each residence building for student use. Damaged or missing vacuums/brooms will be charged to all residents within that community for replacement.
- All trash must be bagged and carried to the closest dumpster outside the residence halls/apartments. Campus houses have individual disposal bins that must be carried to the curb before 6:00 a.m. on their designated pick-up day (Wednesday mornings).
- Residents will be fined for trash left outside their room, in hallways or kitchens, or in common area (i.e.; lounges, kitchens, bathrooms) trash bins. It is the responsibility of the student to take personal and/or bagged trash to the outside dumpsters without delay. Community damages may apply to all residents if personal trash cannot be identified.
- Rooms, apartments and/or houses must be left in a clean condition at the end of the contract period
and at holiday and break closings. Hall staff will conduct regular inspections throughout the year.