Welcome to Orientation at Heidelberg University!
Orientation is the place for incoming students to experience what college life will be like at Heidelberg University. Orientation welcomes new undergraduate students to campus by introducing them to resources and fostering relationships necessary for a successful transition to university life. Students and their Orientation guests learn about the university's academic expectations and opportunities for development both in and out of the classroom.
Participation in Orientation allows you to:
- Become familiar with campus
- Talk with faculty and staff
- Explore your interests in different majors and minors
- Finalize your fall 2014 class schedule
- Meet new and current students and learn from others' experiences
Registering for Orientation
Once the enrollment fee is paid, prospective students are able to register for an orientation session by logging into OASIS2. There is no charge for students to attend Orientation. Parent, family, and guest registration information can he found here.
New Student Orientation dates (for students with less than 24 credit hours):
- Orientation 1 - June 15-16
- Orientation 2 - July 20-21
- Orientation 3 - July 27-28
- Orientation 4 - August 11-12
Transfer & Adult Student Orientation date (for students with more than 24 credit hours and adult students):
- Transfer & Adult Orientation - August 15
Freshmen Move-In Day is Friday, August 22, 2014 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Verification is in the Campus Center 2nd floor, near the Bookstore. This is the day that all first-time Heidelberg students (other than those who arrive early for athletics, choir, band, etc.) will move into their residence halls.
Your housing assignment email (sent to your Heidelberg email account) will provide you information regarding your room assignment, roommate, and other resources that will help you get acclimated to Heidelberg University. Further information will be sent to your Heidelberg email account prior to your arrival with information on where to check-in before you move-in. Click here for more details about housing selection and assignment.
Your college experience continues with Welcome Week!
Welcome Week is the second step (after New Student Orientation) in your transition to Heidelberg University. Welcome Week is only for first-year, first-time, freshman attending HU. If you are transferring to the HU, please see Transfer Welcome Day.
We know that by attending Welcome Week activities and events, students are more confident when they start classes because they have had time to meet friends, navigate campus and get settled. Welcome Week introduces and builds upon various communities within Heidelberg. By the end of the week you’ll have all the tools you need to start your first semester and make Heidelberg University your own.
Welcome Week begins on Friday, August 22. You should have gone through verification and have moved your belongings into your room by this time. All new students MUST participate in certain Welcome Week activities. Please check the Welcome Week schedule for details, dates, and time.
- Watch an instructional video about registering for Orientation!
- Please ensure that you have completed all sections of the Checklist for New Students.
- Meet the Staff before you arrive on campus!
- Find out more information about Residence Life and living on campus.
- Sign up for a meal plan. Meal plans are available for both residential and commuter students.
- Check out the information for parents, families, and guests.
- Get driving directions to campus.
- Find out about important events and dates. Remember, the first day of Fall 2014 classes is Monday, August 25!
If you have any questions, please contact the Orientation Team on 419.448.2207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.