General Questions

Change of Name

Students wanting to change their legal name must supply legal documentation. Ideally, the office will view, and copy the original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court issued papers. Understandably, not all students are residential and therefore follow the below:

  1. Photo copy the marriage certificate, divorce decree with the legal name statement and authorized signatures, or court issued paperwork. Accompanying the photocopy must be a copy of the correct name listed on a U.S. Social Security card/VISA. The documents may need to be authenticated by an official.
  2. All of the above may be faxed to the Office of the Registrar at 419-448-2122. All materials are subject to a request of original documents for authenticity.  

Grade Calculations

Once the final grades are posted, the process to calculate one’s GPA in the system is approximately three days. Students whose GPAs are not correct should look for the final GPA after the third day. Processing takes this long to ensure that all grades have been entered and then are processed to the student’s interim academic record. Reports are then ran to ensure the grades have posted properly, but most time consuming is the review of repeat courses based on the repeat course policy. Once all grades are reviewed and revised based on course repeat rules, the grades are processed into a student’s historical academic record.

Past the last date to add a class

Undergraduate Programs: A student who wishes to add a course late will need to register with the office of the registrar. Permission must be obtained from the the course instructor and the appropriate division associate dean.
Graduate Programs: A student who wishes to add a course late will need permission and will complete a drop/add from available on the registrar's forms website. The Director must approve any late course additions.

Plan to take a course at another school or study abroad

A student who wishes to take a course at another college or university after their initial enrollment at Heidelberg should complete a Transient Student Permission form available on the website. This process ensures the course(s) will transfer to the student’s academic record. At different course levels, and types of study, several administrators may become involved. Additionally, this process provides a mechanism to complete all documents and obtain appropriate permissions. Special note: some courses may not count in the Heidelberg GPA. Only articulated study abroad courses count in the Heidelberg GPA; see the director for international affaris and studies.