All academic work taken at a college or university will be evaluated using established transfer policies as guidelines. For ease of academic credit review, a Transfer Evaluation System (TES) is available from schools where credit is frequently granted. All additional credit is reviewed on a case by case basis.
State of Ohio Transfer Credit
To facilitate transfer, Heidelberg University has established a table of equivalencies based on Ohio's Board of Regents approved Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) courses.
AA or AS Degree + a Heidelberg Major = Bachelor’s Degree
Students who earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an Ohio Community College will be admitted with full junior status and have all of Heidelberg’s General Education requirements met upon transfer. By fully utilizing credits earned at the community college, you can focus on your major when you transfer to Heidelberg. Depending upon the major chosen and the courses transferred, it may be possible to work toward a second major or a minor without additional time or cost.
You can achieve a bachelor’s degree in most of our majors in just two years by following the planning guides below. The planning guides show the Heidelberg major requirements and any courses that must be transferred in to complete the major in 2 years at Heidelberg. The courses that can be taken at the community college and applied to the Heidelberg major are TAG courses and include the Ohio Articulation Number (OAN) for ease of use.
- Business Administration
- Communication- Media Studies Track
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- English Literature
- English Writing
- Health and Human Performance
- Health Sciences
- Information Systems
- International Studies - Cross Cultural Studies
- International Studies - International Relations
- Political Science
- Sports Management - Business Track
- Sports Management - Fitness Track
- Sports Management - Public Relations Track
- (check back--additional majors are being added)
Articulation Agreements with Community Colleges
Heidelberg University holds articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. For additional information regarding these agreements, please contact the Office of Admission.
- Columbus State Community College — Columbus, OH
- Cuyahoga County Community College — Cleveland, OH
- Davis College — Toledo, OH
- Marion Technical College — Marion, OH
- North Central State College — Mansfield, OH
- Northwest State Community College — Archbold, OH
- Owens Community College — Toledo and Findlay, OH
- Sinclair Community College — Dayton, OH
- Terra Community College — Fremont, OH
- Miami Dade College — Miami, FL
- Seminole Community College — Sanford, FL
- Valencia Community College — Orlando, FL