Traditional Transfer

All academic work taken at a college or university will be evaluated using established transfer policies as guidelines. For ease of academic credit review, a Transfer Evaluation System (TES) is available from schools where credit is frequently granted. All additional credit is reviewed on a case by case basis.

State of Ohio Transfer Credit

To facilitate transfer, Heidelberg University has established a table of equivalencies based on Ohio's Department of Higher Education approved Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) courses.

AA or AS Degree + a Heidelberg Major = Bachelor’s Degree

Students who earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an Ohio Community College will be admitted with full junior status and have all of Heidelberg’s General Education requirements met upon transfer. By fully utilizing credits earned at the community college, you can focus on your major when you transfer to Heidelberg. Depending upon the major chosen and the courses transferred, it may be possible to work toward a second major or a minor without additional time or cost.

You can achieve a bachelor’s degree in most of our majors in just two years by following the planning guides below. The planning guides show the Heidelberg major requirements and any courses that must be transferred in to complete the major in 2 years at Heidelberg. The courses that can be taken at the community college and applied to the Heidelberg major are TAG courses and include the Ohio Articulation Number (OAN) for ease of use.

Articulation Agreements with 2-Year Colleges

Heidelberg University holds articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. For additional information regarding these agreements, please contact the Office of Admissions.