Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time Security Officer. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Security Officer is a support staff level position. The position, reporting to the Director of Safety & Security responsible for providing for the safety and security of Heidelberg University students, faculty, staff and the preservation of property through enforcement of University policies and procedures. The Security Officer will accomplish this purpose through conspicuous patrol, responding to calls for assistance including emergency and crisis situations, and providing other safety-related services.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skill, knowledge, and experience in:
- Knowledge of laws, rules, codes and currently accepted principles and practices relevant to safety and security operations on a college / university campus.
- Knowledge of conflict management and conflict resolution principles and skill at implementing those principles.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of University processes and policies. Ability to maintain level of confidentiality with regards to sensitive data and records.
- Ability to create and maintain working relationships with other faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment when answering questions and direct to appropriate department if necessary.
- Ability to understand and follow through with multi-directional tasks; Ability to maintain more than one project at a time and be comfortable meeting deadlines.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold an Associate’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field, complemented by one (1) to (2) years of successful hand-on experience in safety, security or law enforcement. A Bachelor’s degree and / or experience in a higher education setting highly desirable.
For consideration and to obtain additional information, please complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.