Assistant Director of the Owen Academic and Career Support Center
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director of the Owen Academic and Career Support Center (OACSC) in the Student Affairs department. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Assistant Director of the OACSC is an administrative level position. The position will provide development, management and operation of academic support programs and services and university-wide leadership for Heidelberg University’s academic support programs including, individual and small group academic support, individual and group tutoring services, and campus outreach to improve academic motivation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and qualifications, including:
- Knowledge of academic support programming and initiatives including study skills / learning styles / time management
- Possess knowledge of the nature and treatment of learning abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and graphics.
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, students, and alumni.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold a Master’s degree in special education, psychology, rehabilitation counseling or related field complemented by three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in providing direct services to students. Higher education administration experience is highly desirable.
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin on January 8, 2014, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.