Assistant or Associate Professor of Graduate Counseling
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor in the CACREP-accredited community counseling and school counseling concentrations within the Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program to begin August 1, 2014. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. The graduate program in counseling espouses the Heidelberg mission in its preparation of professional practitioners, leaders, and scholars.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Heidelberg University Graduate Studies in Counseling program seeks a full-time faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, contingent on experience. This position will primarily provide instructional services to students in the Graduate Studies in Counseling program (school concentration) and possibly some undergraduate classes, in accordance with University directives. Additionally, this position will provide academic advising, maintenance of the Counseling Lab, recruitment of graduate students, academic advisor to Chi Sigma Iota honor society, and serve on University-wide committees. This position will be given a multi-year contract with possibility of conversion to a tenure track position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Full time academic appointment in the Graduate Studies in Counseling program - Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC)
- Academic instruction in CACREP core and specialty areas for both clinical and school counseling classes with possibility of overload and summer classes
- Assist in recruitment efforts with graduate admissions director
- Advise/mentor graduate students seeking licensure as a professional clinical mental health counselor and professional school counselor
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the MAC website and other media sources
- Maintenance, supervise and general oversight of the operations and activities of the Counseling Laboratory.
- Assist with the continuation of the counseling programs' focus on maintaining CACREP
- Academic advisor to Chi Sigma Iota honor society
- Coordination and supervision of master's level students' practica and field placements
- Working with faculty in the MAC program and with those entities affiliated with the Program
- Active participation on University committees
- Producing a focused line of research and grant writing
- Earned doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program (ABD considered) or have evidence of full time faculty membership in counselor education program and currently active member of a professional counseling organization (ACA or its affiliates). Credentials must adhere to those espoused by current CACREP standards.
- Current license in the state of Ohio or immediately license eligibility as a Professional Clinical Counselor in Ohio and/or a Professional School Counselor; some experience preferred.
- Knowledge of current technology and methods for producing and disseminating web assisted, hybrid and online courses.
- Identification with the counseling profession through membership, activities, service, scholarship, advocacy and research.
- Understanding of CACREP Standards of Practice for graduate counseling programs
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Ability to advise graduate students through the program and licensure.
- Ability to teach clinical and school counseling courses using a myriad of pedagogical methods.
- Strong organizational, writing, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well under deadline pressure, balance multiple priority tasks, and perform well in both independent and cooperative situations
- Demonstration of leadership competencies such as strategic and organizational agility, ability to motivate others, balance independent and inter-dependent work situations, and good communication skills
- Professional qualifications including cultural competency, demonstrated excellence in written, verbal communication
- Tolerance for ambiguity and a willingness to manage diverse and changing assignments
- Possession of core values and personal attributes needed for infusion into the Heidelberg culture such as integrity, honesty, transparency, team collaboration and enthusiasm.
Heidelberg University is located in northwest Ohio with an enrollment of over 1400 students in undergraduate, graduate and off-campus programs. From its founding in 1850, Heidelberg University has believed in the dignity of the individual and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. Heidelberg does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies and programs, financial aid programs, employment practices and athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.
Qualified applicants must submit an application letter specifically addressing this position and the required and preferred qualifications; current curriculum vita; copies of unofficial transcript from terminal degree institution; and names, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers of three references. (Official transcripts with college/university seal will be required prior to employment.) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or closed.
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin May 30, 2014, and continue until position is filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.