Graduate Assistant for Women’s Basketbal
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Women’s Basketball program. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Graduate Assistant is a ten-month position starting August 1, 2013 and is renewable for two consecutive years.
- Will serve as an assist coach with every aspect of the program.
- Assist with planning and implementation of training sessions, scouting, recruiting, video analysis, individual player coaching sessions, equipment, academic monitoring, and athlete fitness programs.
- NCAA compliance paperwork.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Acceptance into the Graduate Studies Program at Heidelberg University.
- Undergraduate experience with athletics and / or intramural sports programs.
- Prior experience with basketball programs is preferred.
Candidate selected for this Graduate Assistant appointment will receive: 1) Full Tuition Waiver, 2) Room & Board, and, 3) Stipend.
Send the following documents via the online application:
- Letter of Application addressing qualifications, responsibilities, and goals
- Current resume
- Three confidential letters (signed) of recommendation specifically addressing knowledge and relevant experience.
- Undergraduate transcript (You will also need to send a copy to the graduate school within the application for admission).
Review of candidates will begin immediately until position is filled. To apply, complete the online application.
Graduate studies program information may be obtained via http://www.heidelberg.edu/academiclife/grad
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.