Assistant/Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education
Job Advertisement for Assistant/Associate Professor of Elementary Education
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Elementary Education at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to begin Fall of 2014. Heidelberg University offers an elementary program that prepares candidates to teach all subjects in grades K-3 in private or public schools as well as work in and/or supervise a preschool program.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Elementary Education
The Heidelberg University School of Education seeks a qualified, experienced, full-time Assistant/Associate professor to lead the elementary education/early childhood program.
This position, which will report to the Director of the School of Education, will be responsible for teaching a variety of methods courses (science, mathematics, literacy) in the elementary and special education curricula. The normal teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. The new faculty member will be expected to participate in advising, to provide service to the University and community, to maintain an active research program, and to perform other essential duties as outlined in the faculty manual. All full-time education faculty at Heidelberg are responsible for supervising early field and student teaching experiences and serving as academic advisors and on university committees.
- Earned doctorate and several years of K-3 teaching experience,
- Ability to relate to colleagues and other university personnel in a responsible, professional, and civil manner, avoiding behaviors and actions that purposefully, and unnecessarily tend to disrupt, impede, harass, or abuse them in the performance of their assigned tasks and professional duties,
- Demonstrated knowledge of early childhood development;
- Ability to teach a variety of methods courses (science, mathematics, literacy) in the early childhood and special education curricula.
- A background in literacy and/or special education;
- University teaching and supervisory experience;
- Evidence of collaborative work between PK-12 schools and universities;
- Experience with field-based teacher education;
- Experience with international students and/or a diverse student population;
- Experience with any of the following: multicultural education, behavior management, or educational assessment; and
- Experience with online teaching and learning is a plus
Heidelberg University is located in northwest Ohio with an enrollment of over 1400 students in undergraduate, graduate and off-campus programs. See www.heidelberg.edu for additional information. From its founding in 1850, Heidelberg University has believed in the dignity of the individual and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. Heidelberg does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies and programs, financial aid programs, employment practices and athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.
Qualified applicants must submit an application letter specifically addressing this position and the required and preferred qualifications; current curriculum vita; copies of unofficial transcript from terminal degree institution; and names, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers of three references. (Official transcripts with college/university seal will be required prior to employment.) Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled or closed. All application materials should be submitted electronically. To submit application materials, visit http://www.heidelberg.edu/jobs.
To apply, complete the online application.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.