Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving is an administrative level position. The position develops and implements strategies to ensure the success of a comprehensive annual giving program. This position will lead all chief annual giving tasks including developing marketing strategies, making personal visits, supporting fundraising planning efforts, working with volunteers and students, evaluating solicitation outcomes, and researching tactics. The position reports to the Executive Director of Development, Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in key leadership competencies and professional qualifications, including:
- Understanding of Institutional Advancement work, including alumni/volunteer management, fund raising and campaign strategies.
- Skilled in annual unrestricted or restricted giving.
- Must demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional motivation and creativity.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to relate to diverse cross-sections of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to travel as needed or required, work evenings and / or weekends as needed.
- Budget management skills.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree complemented by three (3) to four (4) years successful experience in a college of university development operation. Master’s degree and Banner or other integrated database experience preferred.
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin on January 29, 2014, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.