Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Controller. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Controller is an administrative level position. Reporting to the Vice President for Administration & Business Affairs, the Controller will manage and oversee the overall accounting, financial planning, and financial reporting of the University. The Controller ensures that these activities are in compliance with business policies and procedures, state and federal fiscal management laws, established legal, regulatory and University procedures, and generally accepted accounting standards. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in key leadership competencies and professional qualifications, including:
- Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting functions and principles of fund accounting.
- Ability to prepare and maintain complex and detailed financial worksheets and reports.
- Ability to provide immediate and accurate information and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to multi-task a myriad of assignments and projects.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work an altered or extended schedule when projects or deadlines require.
- Excellent proficiency with personal computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Banner financial system or similar.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree and be a certified public accountant (CPA) complemented by five (5) to seven (7) years of successful professional accounting experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller, or Accounting Manager. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
For consideration, complete the Online Application. Review of candidates will begin on April 17, 2013, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.