Administrative Assistant for the Computer, Network & Information Technology (CNIT) and Computer Science departments
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Computer, Network & Information Technology (CNIT) and Computer Science departments. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Administrative Assistant for CNIT / Computer Science is a support staff level position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Information Resources and the Computer Science department chairperson, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and performs daily operations on behalf of the administration and faculty. This position oversees the daily operations of the Computer Center and student staff.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in administrative support, including:
- Thorough knowledge office management practices.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, and
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, students and alumni.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will have completed a formal education equivalent to at least two years post high school in an office assistant field and / or an Associate’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered. For consideration, complete the online application Review of candidates will begin on April 7, 2014, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.