Athletic Training Graduate Assistant
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of AT Graduate Assistant. Heidelberg offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Heidelberg is a NCAA Division III institution, a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference and its 18 varsity teams have achieved success at the conference, regional, and national levels. The individual hired will report to the Chair of AT with supervision by the Coordinator of AT Services. Official start date is August 1, 2016 with the position being renewable through June 2018.
- Acceptance into the Graduate Studies Program at Heidelberg University
- Successful completion of BOC ® Examination (prior to start date)
- Current license to practice Athletic Training in the State of Ohio (prior to start date)
- Successful undergraduate AT student experience with football and baseball
- Report to the Chair of AT with supervision by the Coordinator of AT Services. The GA ATC will assist in evaluating injuries, administering treatments, and implementing rehabilitation programs to a variety of varsity intercollegiate athletes, focusing on Women’s Soccer, Wrestling/Women’s Basketball, and Softball with other coverage as assigned.
- The GA ATC will assist with lab coursework within the AT Program curriculum.
- Coverage of home and away events as assigned by the Coordinator of AT Services.
- Participation in mentoring activities to improve leadership and professional skills.
- Supervision, mentoring and evaluation of AT students.
- Other duties as assigned by Chair of AT.
Candidate selected for graduate assistant athletic training positions will receive:
- Full graduate tuition waiver
- Room & Board
- Bi-annual Stipend
- Funds towards CEU’s, licensure and professional dues
- Additional funding may be available via coverage of summer camps
Most consideration will be given to candidates who apply prior to February 21, 2016
Application Process: Review the Graduate Assistantship policy at: http://www.heidelberg.edu/admissions/graduate/assistantships and then complete the online application and submit:
- current resume/CV
- cover letter addressing the position description and requirements
- Confidential letters of recommendation from a professor, AT preceptor, and AT Program administrator (PD or CEC) addressing the candidate's knowledge, professionalism (including time-management), personality, and/or clinical skills related to the AT profession should be emailed directly from recommender to email@example.com Attn: “GA Search 2015 - Your Name”
- Unofficial all undergraduate transcripts to should be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: “GA Search 2015 - Your Name”
Graduate studies program information may be obtained via: http://www.heidelberg.edu/admissions/graduate
Information regarding qualifications & to obtain a valid Ohio Athletic Training License: http://www.otptat.ohio.gov/
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.