Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Admissions Counselor is an administrative level position. The position, reporting to the Director of Admissions, is responsible for the recruitment of traditional domestic students. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and recruit students from an assigned territory who meet the desired admission qualifications of the university by working with parents, high school guidance counselors, and alumni
- Represent the University at College Fairs
- Schedule and visit high schools and guidance counselors within assigned territory
- Manage student inquires and applications
- Review all applications within assigned territory
- Interview candidates for admission
- Extensive personal contact with prospective students is required
The successful candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The ideal person will demonstrate agile intellectual horsepower, insightful self-knowledge, and keen desire for personal learning, collaborative peer relationships, a sense of hard-working teamwork, a strong student focus orientation, and an enthusiastic spirit of community. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a recruiting and / or admissions. Outstanding interpersonal communication and public speaking skills, strong organizational and analytical abilities, attention to detail, flexibility, and computer competency are essential to successful performance in the position. The candidate must be willing to work evenings and weekends and travel frequently during the fall and spring. Previous experience in a small, liberal arts institution and working knowledge of Banner and Hobson’s Connect System is highly desirable.
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.