ACSC Administrative Assistant
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Owen Academic and Career Support Center. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Administrative Assistant for the Owen ACSC is a support staff level position. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs for Student Success, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the ACSC and peripheral support to the Division of Student Affairs, including participation in and support of division-wide events. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in administrative support, including:
- Thorough knowledge of office management practices.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, students and alumni.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold an Associate’s degree in business, social service, or related field complemented by three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative support role. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Review of candidates will begin on December 2, 2014, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.