Administrative Assistant - School of Business
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant for the School of Business. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Administrative Assistant for the School of Business is a support staff level position. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Business, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Dean and Faculty. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in administrative support, including:
- Thorough knowledge office management practices.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with various computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Excellent ability at preparing and maintaining minutes and records of proceedings. Skill at short-hand is a preferred skill.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff and all offices across campus.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold an Associate’s degree in business, accounting, or related field complemented by three (3) to five (5) years of successful professional experience. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
For consideration please complete the Online Application. Review of candidates will begin on May 28, 2013, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.