As 2013 begins, guests, soloists and several ensembles will take the stage for Heidelberg University’s School of Music spring semester season.
The Concert Choir will be participating in Heidelberg's Martin Luther King Day program on Jan. 22 at 11 a.m. in Ohl Concert Hall. Dr. Sharon Perry-Nause, director of institutional diversity and assistant professor of management at Tiffin University, will offer a call to action. For additional information on this event, please contact Amanda Atchison or Paul Stark.
A faculty recital titled "Baroque and Beyond" will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, featuring Joan McConnell on organ. Accompanying her will be Thaddeus Archer, trumpet and flugelhorn; Carol Dusdieker, soprano; Gregory Ramsdell, baritone; and members of the Heidelberg School of Music choral program, conducted by Paul Mayhew. This event is at Trinity United Church of Christ and is open to the public.
Several Heidelberg ensembles will be performing in the community and throughout Ohio as well as their seasonal campus concerts. Highlighting the spring season:
- Guest artists Gail Levinsky, saxophone, and Chi-Chen Wu, piano, are scheduled to give a concert at Brenneman Music Hall on March 22 at 7 p.m.
- New Music Festival, April 5-7, in Ohl Concert Hall
- The Jazz Ensemble, 7 p.m. April 13, in Rickly Chapel
- Student Composition Recital, 7 p.m. April 19, in Ohl Concert Hall
- Singing Collegians, 3 p.m. April 21, in Ohl Concert Hall
- Symphonic Band, 7 p.m. April 27, in Ohl Concert Hall
- Concert Choir, 7 p.m. April 28, St. Mary's Catholic Church
- Heidelberg University-Community Chorus, 7 p.m. April 30, location to be announced
- Opera Scenes, 7 p.m. May 1, Ohl Concert Hall
The Heidelberg University-Community Chorus, under the direction of Dr. Paul Mayhew, and the University of Findlay Chorale, under the direction of Dr. Micheal Anders, will be presenting "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff. On April 7 at 3 p.m, the joint choirs will be performing at Findlay High School and on April 8 at 7 p.m., they will repeat the performance at Tiffin Columbian High School.
All events are free and open to the public. For a full listing see the “Upcoming Events” listing on the School of Music website or call 419-448-2073 for more information.