Hello Class of '49:
I have been reading "Nota Bene" for the past two years with great interest. (This is the Heidelberg College online newsletter sent to Alumni contributors, Fellows, and others interested in the Heidelberg community). (It is a public relations gem with photos and stories for and about the current campus).
My interest is so stimulated from reading about students, faculty, and on-going events on campus that I am ready to sign up for another four (4) years. Is anyone else affected the same way?
Instead, I have decided that attending the next Heidelberg Alumni Day in June, 2009, could be a good substitute for marticulating at the College. Is it possible that we received our diplomas 60 years ago? Please take time and complete the class reunion questionnaire and return it to the Alumni Office to let us know how you've been doing.
We urge you to put the dates of June 19 - 21, 2009, on your calendar so that you can attend our 60th class reunion. This will be a great time to meet and reconnect with all our former classmates. A number of events are being planned that we think you will enjoy, including:
- Alumni Parade and Luncheon on Saturday with all classes participating and a performance by the Alumni Choir
- Class of '49 dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Alumni College classes without quizzes
- Free time to tour the campus and visit with friends
You will receive more details on the reunion events when plans are completed. We are open to any suggestions for any part of our class reunion. Please feel free to contact me or any member of our committee:
- Lorene Kellermeyer and Herman Ahrens: (215) 855-6161
- Wilma Fire Farmer: (419) 448-0114
- Dorothy Haas Gregersen: (704) 542-8416
- Betty Schwartz Lahman: (216) 721-0921
- Carol Body Marty: (614) 759-7448
- Jane Closs McKillip: (614) 471-6973
- Alvina Crecelius Schaeffer: (419) 483-6052
- Betty Priestaf Siefert: (920) 846-2253
- Helen Platt and Robert Weihenmayer: (614) 475-6482
We look forward to seeing you in June!
Richard C. Warner