Dear Berg Bravo:
Greetings! For more than a decade Heidelberg has benefitted from the generous support of Berg Bravo and Heidelberg is grateful. Berg Bravo has been faithfully assisting the School of Music and Theatre and the University with making significant improvements to the School of Music and Theatre from facilities to equipment to programming. Our primary mission is to support, promote and help maintain the high level of music and theatre education at Heidelberg University.
Highlights of our efforts include the following:
- The Brenneman Challenge: Active participation in a million-dollar challenge which helped lead to extensive building renovations for Brenneman Music Hall.
- The Brenneman Hallway Project: Assisted with a fundraising campaign, worked on a special committee with a consultant to design a hallway/reception area for the music building, including display cases, furniture and acoustical sound panels.
- Program Support: Provided funds to enable Tuba Christmas to move permanently to the Ritz Theatre. Financial assistance was also given to a recent department production of Into the Woods.
- Special Events: Each year Berg Bravo sponsors a picnic to welcome first year students in the fall and another in the spring congratulating graduating seniors. We has also assisted with special receptions.
We now have new goals:
- Scholarship Program
- Instrument Donation/ Replacement/ Refurbishing
- Building Improvements
- Ohl Endowment
- Website and Facebook launch
- Projects, e.g. Choir Risers
To accomplish these goals, we are taking Berg Bravo membership to a new level by asking all our current members, as well as those of you who have yet to join, to consider an annual membership contribution. Your annual membership will allow these projects and others to become a reality; you can also become more directly involved in the planning! We deeply appreciate your support of music and theatre at Heidelberg in the past and hope you will join us by becoming a dues-paying member of Berg Bravo. To do so, please click here to fill out the online form and indicate your choice of membership.
For questions, please contact Dick Dundore, Chair of Berg Bravo or Carol Dusdieker, Associate Dean of the School of Music & Theatre.
Dick Dundore, Chair
Carol Dusdieker, Associate Dean
School of Music and Theatre