$10,000 per year!
Additional scholarships available through Scholars Day. Apply by December 1 to be reviewed for eligibility. For more information contact Melissa Nye.
Courses begin in late August and conclude in early May. U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource. The Ambassador scholarship explained below may help with these costs.
Enrollment Fee: $250.00
After acceptance, applicants pay an enrollment fee deposit. Payment of this fee confirms a place in the incoming class and pays for orientation. Once the enrollment fee is received, students will receive the I-20 form, specific information on arriving to the U.S. and to Heidelberg, and important pre-departure information.
Direct Charges for 2015-2016:
- Tuition: $27,900
- Room (double): $4,800
- Board: $4,800
- Technology Fee: $600
- Mandatory Health Insurance (Estimated): $1,457.88 or $121.49 per month
- Total: $39,558
- Books: $1,500
- Personal and Travel: $1,500
How to Make Payments
Full payment of 1st semester tuition, fees, room and board, and health insurance is mandatory prior to arrival on campus. Students may pay using one of the following methods.
- Paying with U.S. funds by check by mail: Please make checks payable to: Heidelberg University and mail to: Barb Gabel, Business Office, 310 E. Market Street, Tiffin, Ohio 44883.
- Paying by check online: Heidelberg University has an online payment system for bank-to-bank transfer payments (Automated Clearing House system, ACH). There is no charge for this system. You can only access the system through your OASIS account. You will need your Heidelberg University ID number and your OASIS password. Log in to OASIS, click Student Services, click Student Records, then click TouchNet Online Payments.
- Paying by credit card: Credit card payments can be made online by going to your OASIS account. You will need your Heidelberg University ID number and your OASIS password. Log in to OASIS, click the Student Services, click Student Records, then click TouchNet Online Payments. Credit cards are processed by TouchNet, a third party processor operating under an agreement with Heidelberg University. There is a 2.75% service fee charged to all credit card payments. Credit cards accepted: Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Visa.
- International Bank Wiring: Payments can be wired electronically directly to our bank account. Contact the Business Office at 419-448-2000 or email@example.com for information.
Ambassador Scholarship Program
The Ambassador Scholarship Program is designed to reward academically talented and motivated students from every continent in the world that would like to pursue their university studies at Heidelberg.
Ambassador Scholarship Eligibility
Some of the criteria for selection include:
- Advanced English language skills
- Record of academic achievement
- Other activities and experiences which demonstrate personal initiative and leadership
- Recommendations from school administrators and teachers
- Desire to participate in global education activities and programming at Heidelberg
Scholarships are competitive and will guarantee a minimum of $10,000 per year in grant and scholarship compensation to the recipients. All scholarship recipients must have an entrance GPA of 2.75 (from secondary school) and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA annually at Heidelberg to renew their awards accordingly. Equivalencies between GPA and amounts. Scholarship amounts are determined AFTER receiving English language proficiency proof, the NACES evaluation of transcripts, and any other background information that will help qualify performance (for example portfolios, CVs, biographical notes, etc.). The rest of the amount of tuition and fees must be paid in full by the student or sponsor. The Ambassador Scholarship is received independently of Scholars Day scholarships.