Process of Becoming a Student in Heidelberg University’s Graduate Studies Programs
- Apply for Graduate Studies Online. (If you have previously applied and are wanting to reactivate your admission, please fill out a Graduate Readmission Application.)
- Submit admission documents (see specific program admission requirements) and international admission documents (if applicable).
- Register online for classes via OASIS once acceptance letter is received.
- Activate Net ID/Heidelberg Email address via OASIS.
- Register vehicle via OASIS. Pick up parking pass in Business Office or contact the Graduate Admission Office to make other arrangements.
- Notified to pick up Student ID card in the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Call the library to register to use online library resources.
- Purchase textbooks via Campus Bookstore.
- Attend classes!
- Notify the Registrar's Office of any name changes and your program director/academic advisor of any attendance decisions.
- Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAE)
- Tracks in Curriculum and Instruction or Generalist (Note: Not a licensure program)
- Endorsements in K-12 Reading, TESOL, 4/5 Early Childhood Generalist
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Music Education (MME)
*Students who have at least a Bachelor’s degree may also take courses as a Non-Degree; Coursework Only student.
Full Time Status:
9 hours per semester (roughly 3 classes per semester). Financial Aid is available to domestic students taking at least 5 semester hours. Students may register for up to 12 hours in one semester.
MAC and MAE - full semester courses and 8-week courses (in which the semester is split into two 8-week sessions).
MBA - ALL 8-week courses.
MME - summer accelerated courses, completed within four weeks; some course offerings and MAE electives in fall and spring.
MAC - at least 2-3 years including summers at full time status; may take longer due to courses required for licensure or pursuing a second license endorsement.
MAE - at least 2 years including summers at full time status.
MBA - 12 months full-time (international and domestic students); 2 years part-time (domestic students only).
MME - at least 3 summers.
*All programs must be completed within 6 years from the first graduate course completed.
2015-2016 Tuition and Fees:
|Tuition - MAC, MAE, MME||$495 per semester hour|
|Tuition - MBA Full-time||$9,555 per semester|
|Tuition - MBA Part-time||$750 per semester hour|
|Tuition - Graduate Coursework Only (GCO)||$495 per semester hour|
|Tuition - MAE Non-degree Endorsement (TESOL, K-12 Reading only)||$360 per semester hour|
|MAC Practicum/Internship Fee||$25.00 per semester hour|
|MAC Lab Fees/Testing Materials||$25.00|
|MAE Practicum Fee||$25.00 per semester hour|
|MAE Practicum Report Printing Fee||$25.00|
|MAE Workshop Unauthorized Drop Fee||50% of course tuition|
|MBA Ivy Software Pre-requisite Courses||$90 per course|
|MBA Ivy Software Fee (subject to change)||$60 per course|
The grading system for graduate courses is as follows:
A = 4, B = 3, 2 = C, F = 0, W = Withdrawal, AU = Audit
To be in good academic standing, graduate students must maintain at least a 3.0 average during each term or semester, not have received any grades of F (including a WF), and not have received more than one unattended C. Students may be dismissed from the program if they have received two unattended C’s, a grade of F, or did not meet conditions for remaining in the program. Students have a right to appeal their dismissal. See the Graduate Course Catalog for specific policy information.
310 E. Market St.
Tiffin, OH 44883
Phone: 1-800-434-3352 or 419-448-2602
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Graduate Directors and Staff:
|MAC||Dr. Jo-Ann Lipford Sanders, 419-448-2312||Krista Kantner, 419-448-2288|
|MAE||Dr. Robert Swanson, 419-448-2264||Sherri Bowerman, 419-448-2125|
|MBA||Allen Underwood, 419-448-2516||TBD, 419-448-2280|
|MME||Dr. John Owen, 419-448-2085||Pat Page, 419448-2073|
|Admissions||Dr. Cinzia Cross, Associate Director, 419-448-2335||Melissa Nye, Coordinator, 419-448-2602|