- SPA 202 - Intermediate Spanish
- One 300 level Spanish course
- NDI 340 - Women's Voices in Latin America or NDI 345 - Service Learning on the US/Mexico Border
Two courses from:
- HIS 352 - Latin American History
- POL 221 - Global Politics
- POL 250 - Latin American Politics
Students are strongly encouraged to participate in a short-term academic experience outside of the United States (of one week or longer; for one semester hour credit, or more). Current University programs that would fulfill this include the US/Mexico Border trip, Belize, and summer study in Spain or Mexico.