Joining a cohort in the Master of Arts in Education (MAE) program allows teachers from different subject areas and schools to complete the MAE degree together as a group. Committing to completing your Master's degree in a cohort group allows Heidelberg to reduce tuition to cohort students by 25% and for students to complete the 33 semester hour MAE degree in 2 years or less. Cohorts have been offered at both the Tiffin and Maumee campuses. They are limited to twenty applicants in one cohort group, but must run with at least ten. Please note that the MAE program at Heidelberg is not a licensure program and will not allow students to obtain licensures, however MAE electives may be used to add endorsements to existing licenses.
2013 MAE Cohort Groups
- Summer Arrowhead Park Campus in Maumee Cohort
- Starts June 2013. Application deadline: May 24
- Fall Tiffin Main Campus Cohort
- Starts August 2013. Application deadline: August 12
Review the Academic Calendar for dates.
Cost: $298 per semester hour (Summer cohort)
$308 per semester hour (Fall cohort)
Class Schedule: Fall and spring semesters consist of one 8-week class during Term I and a second 8-week class during Term 2. Each class is one night per week in the evenings. Summer semester consists of one-day classes during Term I (June).
- Fill out the online application for the Master of Arts in Education program, selecting the "Curriculum and Instruction Teacher Cohort" track.
Note: If you do not select the cohort option, we will not know that you are applying for the MAE cohort.
- Submit all of the required admission documents.
Questions: Contact the Graduate Studies Office at 419-448-2288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.