The Women's Leadership Initiative, in partnership with the Office of Student Affairs, is hosting the second annual Women's History Month Art Show on the campus of Heidelberg University. The event is open to the public and submissions are encouraged from students, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
Artists may submit entries into five categories (limit one entry per category):
- Creative Writing (15 page limit)
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design (submission must be printed & framed)
- Performing Arts (must be pre-recorded entry, audio and video preferred, but audio only accepted, 10 minute limit); If not an original composition, entries must provide a brief reflection on the selected pieces and their connection to the competition theme of Inspiring Innovation through Imagination
- Photography (submission must be printed & framed)
All entries must related to the event’s theme, “Women Inspiring Innovation Through Imagination.” Additionally, entry forms must be received by Friday, March 15, 2013, and submissions are to be delivered to Ellen Nagy in University Hall 118 by 4:30 pm. on Monday, March 18, 2013. Submissions will be on display in the University Commons great room and foyer for one week spanning March 19-26. A reception will be help in the evening of March 26 at 6p.m. and winners for each category will be announced.
- Individual Category winners - $100
- People’s Choice winner - $150
- Best in Show winner - $200
*winner of Best in Show is exempt from all other prizes.
Questions, comments, or concerns are to be directed to the Co-Directors of the Women’s Leadership Initiative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Reasonable security measures will be taken, but neither Heidelberg University nor the Women’s Leadership Initiative will be responsible for any damaged or stolen art work. Additionally, Heidelberg reserves the right to refuse any entries not deemed suitable for viewing by a general audience.