In the spring of 2010, The John and Patricia Adams Foundation created and funded a new lecture series at Heidelberg University, John’s alma mater, to bring to campus exceptional female speakers from a broad spectrum of personal and professional backgrounds.
The purpose of the The Patricia Adams Lecture Series is to introduce Heidelberg students, twice annually, to talented and accomplished women who have had a significant impact in their community or career field.
In creating the lecture series, John and Pat seek to provide extraordinary opportunities for all Heidelberg students, graduate and undergraduate, as well as faculty and staff, and the broader Tiffin community.
The first lecture in the series was held in September 2010 and coincided with the grand opening of Adams Hall at Heidelberg University, home to the new School of Business.
The lecture series is named to honor Pat Adams’ long-standing loyalty to and passion for Heidelberg University, her tireless philanthropic spirit, her values of education and leadership and her desire to leave a legacy at the university that has meant so much to both her and John throughout their lives.
- April 7, 2016: Bridgette Heller -
- October 2016: Major general Gale Pollock
- April 2017: The Honorable Susan Graber
- Fall 2015: Sheila Heen
- Spring 2015: Carla Harris
- Fall 2014: Jackie MacMullan
- Spring 2014: Cheryl Krueger
- Fall 2013: Dr. Deborah Mielewski
- Spring 2013: Jerilyn Medrea '77
- Fall 2012: Donna VanLiere
- Spring 2012: Ann M. Fudge
- Fall 2011: Carol-Lynn Parente
- Spring 2011: Betsy J. Bernard
- Fall 2010: Sherron Watkins