How does the Early Alert System work?
- A member of the Heidelberg faculty or staff submits a referral through the online form.
- The Student Success Team reviews the referral.
- An email is sent to the student informing them of the referral.
- A member of the Student Success Team will contact the student to provide assistance, referrals to appropriate resources, and support.
Information for Faculty and Staff:
If a student in your class or an advises demonstrates any of the following warning signs or other behaviors you feel may put the student’s academic success at risk, please refer him/her via Early Alert.
- Missing two or more consecutive classes without notification or student’s attendance is affecting their success in your course.
- Low or no engagement in the classroom (sleeping in class, not taking notes, talking, texting, or
- lack of participation)
- Failure to acquire textbook or other course materials
- Lack of preparation for class and classwork
- Poor quality of work and/or late/missing assignments
- Poor writing skills
- Poor reading comprehension skills
- Needs assistance with study skills and/or time management
- Academic difficulty due to personal issues outside the classroom (financial, transportation, childcare, etc.)