Whether you want to teach, perform, create, or inspire, Heidelberg is the place for music. We've been teaching music for 125 years and know what you need for a successful and fulfilling career.
- Students from any major can perform in major ensembles starting their freshman year.
- No ensemble scheduling conflicts so you can participate in multiple experiences.
- Regional, national, and international touring and travel opportunities.
- Free private lessons
- One of Ohio’s lowest priced accredited music programs.
- High 4-year graduation rates save you money.
- Competitive music scholarships.
- All students are advised and mentored by a faculty musician.
- All students are given recital performance opportunities.
- With our BA/BS options you can be a double major.
- Our faculty have national and international experience in performing, conducting, composing, and teaching music.
National Association of Schools of Music
- Heidelberg University is an accredited member in good standing with the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). All music degree programs, both graduate and undergraduate, are approved for study.
- NASM is an association of approximately 653 schools of music, primarily at the collegiate level, but also including postsecondary non-degree-granting schools of music. It is the national accrediting agency for music and music-related disciplines.
The Heidelberg Summer Jazz Camp is designed for musicians of all ages and ability levels. Different levels of classes are offered to accommodate beginners, intermediate and advanced performers, and educators. The faculty for this workshop includes some of the best jazz performers and educators in the midwest. Participants will be able to find inspiration and a wealth of knowledge regardless of their experience level.
The workshop will conclude with a 7pm concert at a local restaurant. Students will have the opportunity to perform and display what they have learned for family and friends!