Theatre at Heidelberg
Our first-year students are onstage, backstage, designing, directing, and writing shows from day one. You will learn the business and craft of the theatre artist, not watching upperclassmen from the audience. See how you'll make a difference right away!
- More Shows = More Opportunities to Act, Direct, Design, Stage Manage, and Dance. When we say we’re busy, we mean it. In addition to the eight shows on the mainstage, you can work with professionals at the Ritz Theatre located in Tiffin.
- Our Graduates Work! You can see our graduates all over the country. Recent credits include “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” “X-Men,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “Seinfeld,” and “King of the Hill.” Many of our students go to graduate school in theatre or film. And, of course, some of our graduates are working actors, directors, designers, and technicians for theatres across the country. One graduate found his way into the puppet workshop of the Jim Henson Company.
- Our Students Work and Win. Heidelberg students are selected for national recognition and lucrative internships, concrete evidence of the strength and development of our program. Our students have interned at Disney, Available Light Theatre, Lakeside Theatre, The Ritz Theatre, The Huron Playhouse, and more. Elizabeth Kurtzman, a 2011 graduate with a Theatre Arts minor, won the Region III O’Neill Critics Competition and represented Heidelberg at the national competition in Washington D.C. Another Student was invited to the Kennedy Center’s Annual MFA Playwrights’ Workshop.
- Theatre Scholarships. Compete for different scholarships ranging from $500 to $1500.
- Travel the World. Every year we visit NYC and another location around the globe. Our trips include workshops with professional artists, backstage tours, and viewings of multiple shows. Trips include London, Dublin, Italy, and Greece.