Applications are processed on a rolling basis. After receipt of all application materials, an interview with the Director of the School of Music is required. As part of the interview, applicants will discuss their educational goals. Following the interview, the applicant will receive a written decision regarding the admission status. The Director reserves the right to make the final decision with regard to acceptance into the MME program, and also reserves the right to depart from and/or supplement the admission criteria based upon the best interests of Heidelberg University and the MME program. Please note that a performance audition is not required. Persons with post-secondary level teaching experience in a community college or similar institution may be considered for participation in the program. Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more specific program information.
Application Deadline: June 1 each year.
Upon receipt of the following in the Graduate Studies office, your application will be complete and ready for an acceptance decision:
- Application Form: Apply Online
- OFFICIAL transcript(s) sent DIRECTLY from ALL previously attended colleges or universities reflecting:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Music Education.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Please note: Heidelberg alumni do not need to request Heidelberg transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from qualified persons addressing the candidat'es academic, musical, and teaching qualifications.
- A copy of the applicant's teaching license or certificate.
- Applicants will be accepted on a conditional basis until qualifying scores are achieved on the diagnostic examinations in music theory and music history, or review courses are completed.
- International students: Must also submit the International Admission requirements.
Submit documents to:
Graduate Studies Office
310 E. Market St.
Tiffin, Ohio 44883
Letters of recommendation and teaching liceses may be faxed to 419-448-2821.