Admission and Registration Deadlines
Fall 2015 Semester (Term 1 and Full Semester):
- Apply and submit admission documents by August 1.
- Register and pay for ALL Fall courses by August 10.*
- Classes start August 17 (term 1 8-week classes) and August 24 (full semester classes).
Fall 2015 Semester (Term 2):
- Apply and submit admission documents by September 28.
- Register and pay for Fall term 2 courses by October 5.
- Classes start October 12.
Spring 2015 Semester (Term 1 and Full Semester):
- Apply and submit admission documents by January 4
- Register and pay for ALL Spring courses by January 11.*
- Classes start January 19.
* If not able to pay for term 2 classes by this deadline, please only register for term 1 and full semester classes, waiting to both register and pay for term 2 classes by the next deadline.
Currently enrolled MAE students may register for these classes via OASIS. Please note: The on-line Reading and TESOL endorsement programs are approved for Ohio residents only. Questions may be directed to Graduate Admissions at 419-448-2602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a graduate online application (this link for summer applications ONLY). Under the enrollment options you will select the following options.
- The"Educational Goal" whether pursuing a degree (with the endorsement as electives) or non-degree; coursework only.
- Master's in Education program for degree-seeking or Graduate Studies in Education for non-degree.
- Select the correct track: Non-degree - "Endorsement"; Degree applicants - "Curriculum and Instruction"
- Select the endorsement program(s).
- Request to have an official Bachelor's OR Master's transcript sent DIRECTLY from the university to Graduate Admissions, 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, OH 44883, if not already on file.
Please note that graduates of Heidelberg may already have transcripts on file. Official transcripts must come directly from the institution; they will not be accepted from the student. Applicants for the reading endorsement may need to submit all transcripts that show reading or literacy courses to determine eligibility, with at least one Bachelor's or Master's transcript being official. Any transfer courses must also be accompanied by an official transcript.
- Mail or fax (419-448-2565) a copy of your teaching license.
- Once all of the above documents have been submitted and admission is approved, students will be notified to complete the Graduate Coursework Only (GCO) student online orientation which will explain important information including how to register and pay for classes via OASIS.
- Applicants approved to register for the K-12 Reading and TESOL endorsements will be notified via UThink© how to access the online course portal after they have registered and paid, about one day prior to the start of courses.
|Student Type||Endorsement||Tuition Per Credit Hour||Tuition Per Course|
|Coursework Only (non-degree) Students||K-12 Reading||$360||$1080|
|4/5 Early Child Generalist||$490||$1470|
|Degree-Seeking Students Pursuing the MAE||All Endorsement Programs||$490||$1470|
Coursework only (non-degree) students are not eligible for financial aid and must pay for the total semester tuition by cash, check, or credit card prior to each semester. However, they may apply for a private alternative loan. Financial aid loans are only available to students enrolling in the Master of Arts degree (degree-seeking) with the endorsement classes as electives and registered for at least 5 semester hours.
Heidelberg accepts credit card (Mastercard, Discover, American Express, or Visa) with a 2.75% service fee or ACH payment (e-check). Students needing a billing statement with itemized receipt may contact the Business Office. Instructions explained within the Coursework Only Student Orientation.
Heidelberg maintains a tuition refund policy for degree and non-degree students in the 4/5 Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement upon withdrawal from a course or courses. A 100% tuition refund will only be granted if the course was withdrawn PRIOR to the first day of classes. This information can be found online at www.heidelberg.edu/offices/business/currentstudent/refund. Students enrolled in the K-12 Reading or TESOL Endorsements DO NOT receive a refund once they have registered and paid for their courses and classes have begun.
Questions or Information