Application and Registration Deadlines
Summer/May Session: Apply by April 25; Register and pay by May 3
Fall Full Semester and Term I Sessions: Apply by August 8; Register and pay by August 16
Fall 8-Week Term II Session (second two courses): Apply by October 3; Register and pay by October 11
(Currently enrolled MAE students may register for these classes via OASIS2.)
- Submit a graduate online application. Under the enrollment options you will select the following:
- The"Educational Goal" whether pursuing a degree (with the endorsement as electives) or non-degree; coursework only.
- Master's in Education program.
- Select the correct track: Non-degree - "Endorsement"; Degree applicants - "Curriculum and Instruction"
- Select the endorsement program(s).
- Request to have an official Bachelor's OR Master's transcript sent DIRECTLY from the university to the Graduate Studies Office, 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, OH 44883, if not already on file.
Please note that graduates of Heidelberg may already have transcripts on file; applicants for the reading endorsement may need to submit all transcripts to determine eligibility, with at least one Bachelor's or Master's transcript being official.
- Mail or fax (419-448-2821) a copy of your teaching license.
- Once all of the above documents have been submitted and admission is approved, students will be notified to complete the Graduate Coursework Only (GCO) student online orientation which will explain important information including how to register and pay for classes via OASIS2.
- Applicants approved to register for the K-12 Reading and TESOL endorsements will be notified via UThink© how to access the online course portal after they have registered and paid, prior to the start of courses.
|Student Type||Program||Per Semester Hour||Per Course|
|Coursework Only (non-degree) Students||K-12 Reading||$350||$1050|
|4/5 Early Child Generalist||$448 (Standard tuition)||$1344|
|Degree-Seeking Students||All Endorsement Programs||$448 (Standard tuition)||$1344|
Coursework only (non-degree) students are not eligible for financial aid and must pay for their total tuition prior to each semester. However, they may apply for a private alternative loan. Financial aid loans are only available to students enrolling in the endorsement classes as well as the MAE master's degree (degree-seeking) and registered for at least 5 semester hours.
Heidelberg accepts credit card (Mastercard, Discover, or American Express) or ACH payment (e-check). Students needing a billing statement with itemized receipt may contact the Business Office. Instructions explained within the Coursework Only Student Orientation.
Heidelberg maintains a tuition refund policy for degree and non-degree students in the 4/5 Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement upon withdrawal from a course or courses. This information can be found online at www.heidelberg.edu/offices/business/currentstudent/refund. Students enrolled in the K-12 Reading or TESOL Endorsements DO NOT receive a refund once they have registered and paid for their courses.
To Obtain Endorsements
- K-12 Reading Endorsement
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (link coming soon)
- 4-5 Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement (link coming soon)
- Must successfully pass all endorsement courses with a B- or better.
- Register to take the Praxis exam.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): take the Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages exam (#0361) with a minimum passing score of 126.
- Reading (PK–12): take the Praxis Teaching Reading exam (#0204) with a minimum passing score of 159.
- 4/5 Early Childhood Generalist: take the Praxis II Elementary Education: Content Knowledge exam (#10014) with a minimum passing score of 143.
- Complete the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) licensure application.
- Print and complete a licensure application form for the endorsement(s).
- Return the completed ODE application to Heidelberg University’s School of Education.
- The School of Education will certify when all requirements are met and will submit the application to ODE.
Questions or Information
Graduate Studies Office - 419-448-2288 - email@example.com.