If you want to build starting Day 1 and are looking for a culture of creation and innovation, check out Khan Academy, an education tech startup in Mountain View CA that is revolutionizing education. Our mission is to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere and we are looking for top-notch software developers and data scientists to help create a virtual classroom for the world. We already have millions of students learning every month, and we're growing quickly. We're backed by the Gates Foundation and won Google's Project 10 to the 100 (http://www.project10tothe100.com) of ideas to change the world. Our small, growing team includes jQuery creator John Resig and Google’s first hire Craig Silverstein. [btw, we’re a non-profit that offers super competitive salaries and full benefits]
A full list of current open positions can be found at www.khanacademy.org/jobs
VOLUNTEER with Khan Academy
Not looking for a job but interested in changing the world of education? Khan Academy is also looking for volunteers!
- Building an exercise module using our open-source framework OR fixing bugs on the site (https://github.com/Khan/khan-exercises/wiki/Getting-Involved)
- Translating Khan Academy videos into other languages. Info on subtitling or dubbing videos can be found at http://www.khanacademy.org/contribute.
For more information, check out
- Our offerings: www.khanacademy.org/about
- 60 Minutes: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7401696n
- Sal's TED talk: http://www.khanacademy.org/video/salman-khan-talk-at-ted-2011--from-ted-com
- Economist: www.economist.com/node/21529062
- WIRED: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/07/ff_khan/