The study of Information Systems focuses on integrating information technology solutions with business processes to enable organizations to be efficient and to achieve their goals effectively. Students in this major are primarily concerned with the information that computer systems can provide to aid an organization, understanding both technical and organizational factors that are needed.
- CPS 150 - Fundamentals of Computer Science
- CPS 201 - Computer Programming I
- CPS 202 - Computer Programming II or CPS 215 - Business Programming
- CPS 302 - Operating Systems
- CPS 314 - Database Management
- CPS 316 - Spreadsheet Modeling
- CPS 325 - Data Communications and Networking
- CPS 341 - System Analysis and Design
- CPS 343 - Software Engineering
- CPS 490 - Capstone Topics in Computing
- Two additional courses from CPS 202, 215, 301 - Computer Organization, 311 - Data Structures, 312 - Programming Languages, 330 - Web Application Development, 340 - System aand Network Administration, 343 - Software Engineering and 350 - Topics in Computer Science.
- ACC 201 - Financial Accounting
- ACC 202 - Managerial Accounting
- ECO 251 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 252 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- WRI 313 - Technical Writing
- MGT 360 - Operations Management
- Two mathematics courses which must include either MTH 210 - Elementary Statistics or 312 - Introduction to Mathematical Statistics.