Certified Athletic Trainers
Athletic trainers aren't only found on sports teams. There is a wide variety of fields and businesses where athletic trainers find a career.
- Working with professional athletes in all sports—football, basketball, baseball and even rodeo!
- Working with athletes in high schools and intercollegiate sports.
- Working in a sports medicine/rehabilitation clinic.
- Teaching in the athletic training discipline at the collegiate level.
- Work in the private industry or corporate setting.
- Athletic trainers are commonly employed in rehabilitation clinics, universities and professional teams.
- Military facilities
Health Science Majors
Our graduates are qualified for employment as members of the administrative and non-clinician staff at hospitals, clinics, physician offices, health maintenance organizations, and community health programs. You could also work for non-profits and private organizations like health maintenance organizations and medical centers, colleges & universities research and development labs, and research institutes. Some students consider government agencies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Public Health Service, or Department of Health & Human Services.
Sample Career Opportunities:
- Ambulatory Services Worker/Coordinator
- Research Assistant
- Health Educator / Planner
- Emergency Medical Service Coordinator
- Health Safety Officer
- Public Health Officer
- Health Policy Practitioner
- Medical Products Sales
- Medical Office / Clinic Administrator
- Pharmaceutical Sales
The majority of our students go on to pursue graduate work. Several of our students have gone to schools such as The Ohio State University, Kent State University, Wright State University, Ohio University, University of Florida, Temple University, and West Virginia University. You will be prepared to continue your studies into graduate programs like Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Public Health, Community Health, Exercise Physiology, and Health Care Administration.
Other students have pursued various health related avenues, including massage therapy, physical therapy, chiropractic medicine, physician's assistant studies and nursing.